Hi, is there a tutorial in the tutorials section that shows you how to change the battle menu where you cast spells, into a spell slot system. horizontal window on bottom of screen or to right of screen vertical? Something like in World Of Warcraft or Everquest. Please, any help greatly appreciated.
  • looks like it does. but i messed it all up. its piles squares almost on top each other,and I don't know what or where to drag. Oh well.
  • holy cow the drag from abilities to bar works.
  • edited June 2016
    but doesn't cast in hotkey, the spells. Also, I can't move my shortsword to the 4th slot when I unequip it. i think i pressed the 2 key and fire killed a bugged invisible bear. now my battle menu does not appear when i get close to an enemy. it goes off.

mwaahahahah. it works! fire went off from hitting 2 key and i killed a bear. awesome. i just have to get the keys not on top of each other , and try to put an item in empty slot 4 by dragging

potions not working from hotkey
    Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • the only problems are

1- heal potions dont work in hotkeys
    2- the squares on screen of the hotkeys are overlapped over each other. otherwise its awesome! any help greatly appreciated. thanks.
  • Space the hotkeys out by using the element position in the HUD. X would be slightly different for each one and positioned where you want it and how big the image is--y would be the same for all of them.

You can make its own button for using a healing potion. You can use a HUD with a positive button and put your Healing Ability in there.
  • If you're having multiple shortcut cells per HUD element you can use the Spacing setting to set the X (horizonal) and Y (vertical) offset between cells.
    When using multiple HUD elements, you need to position them with the element's Bounds.

If the heal potions aren't working, check the whole chain of settings, e.g.:
    - is the potion useable in that situation (e.g. in battle, outside battle)
    - is the input key used for the control map set up correctly
    - is the control map key firing the potion using the correct shortcut slot, or maybe used prior in a different control map key
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • great thank you both, i will try what you said
  • Hi Catacomber and GamingisLove, thanks again. I was wondering, is there any gameplay I can add other than quests? I just realized I made this fairly large world, and all I am going to have to do in it is kill creatures, and quests, which involve killing creatures, get an object, return to quest giver, and get reward. That is all I have planned. Are there any other things I can add to my game to make it fun? Please. Ok thank you.
  • edited June 2016
    Look at Runescape. Just about anything you can do there you can do in ORK.

You can have different areas where you can craft different things -- you can have fishing, farming, chopping wood, mining and all sorts of things. You can have guilds. Your imagination is the limit. You could even have places where someone evil could go and do evil things or you could do slightly non-family friendly things (like Madame Rosalia's House of Fleshy Delights in the Quest which is a hard core rpg-one of the diseases in that game is Warrt--you can catch it there). Being family friendly now, I do low key things and have in one of my games a dark room and you can get a kiss in there if you're lucky or you might get a smack on the cheek.

You can have random things fire when you knock on a door.

Just use your imagination and if you can't do it in ORK, ask.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Try picking up some D&D adventures and mining them for ideas. Off the top of my head:

B6 The Veiled Society is an urban adventure where the PCs get caught in the middle of three rival families.

B10 Night's Dark Terror begins with a simple caravan guard job, but the PCs are quickly drawn into a sprawling wilderness adventure, run afoul of a group of slavers, and defend a homestead against two goblin tribes on a nighttime raid. They also need to complete a tapestry that shows the location of a lost valley, home to an ancient civilization -- and a Cthulu-esque creature lurking beneath the surface. (Can you tell this is my favorite D&D adventure ever?)

X1 The Isle of Dread has the PCs setting out to map the island after the last expedition never returned.

N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God has the PCs visiting a village where (unknown to them) a spirit Naga has been charming the townfolk and they can't be sure who they can trust.

UK4 When a Star Falls has the PCs in search of a fallen star -- and of course others are after it as well. Features a monster called a memory web that absorbs memories from the last creature it killed and then shares them with the next creature it envelops.

U1 to U3 Saltmarsh Trilogy - the PCs begin by investigating a haunted mansion (aha the Scooby Doo adventure) which leads them to the discovery of a smuggling operation and an impending confrontation between a tribe of lizard men and the kuo-toa.

And that's just a few examples from 1986 and earlier. They're all reasonably priced on dndclassics.com
  • Wow thank you both! That is great. I will see what I can do with the prefabs and models that I have. Thanks. Thanks for the dndclassics.com link.
  • Do either of you or anyone know a good source for a lot of humanoid villagers? I have a pack but only 5 females, 5 males and a few children. for my game I need at least 50 villagers and npc's but on the unity store they only have monsters mainly in their packs. Protofactor is great, but it's all monsters as well.
  • You can try Mixamo/Adobe Fuse. The models are free but there aren't a lot of medieval costumes with it.

UMA will give you a huge variety of characters, but it is VERY complex and the good art assets aren't cheap ($25-45 for one if Will B's costume sets).
  • wow, ok thank you.