edited June 2016 in ORK Support
Hi, My first person camera was getting detached and stuck after I killed my fox enemy. So I went into all of my battle events and deleted the "camera change position" node. I also, in the death event unchecked the camera position setting. Now when I go in the field, near a fox, my battle menu won't go up, and the fox will not attack, this is all after 1 kill of a fox.

So I kill one fox, everything is fine, then after that, no fox will attack me, and my battle menu does not pop up when i am near a fox and press the escape key (made in settings to bring up battle menu).

Please if anyone can help, this is the last thing I think until i have a complete battle setup . (yes I said that before). lol.
Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • Did you copy paste your fox enemies?
    If yes, you will need to select one of the fox spawners and click the reset ID button.
    If multiple spawns share the same I'D and you kill one, no other enemies with the same ID will attack.
    Took me a while to figure that out when I copy pasted some spawns :)
  • edited June 2016
    crud. each fox has a separate id. so it's not that I don't think. I did not reset any id's
  • edited June 2016
    oh my GOD! i now have, after over 2 months, a finished BATTLE SETUP!!! Thank you Cowboy!!! Hi Ho Silver!!!! Bullseye Keyboard cowboy! God bless you man! have an awesome night. u da man! thank you thank you!!!!! the problem was i had "use scene id" in main spawner.
  • My work here is done.

*rides off into the sunset*

Glad I could help.
  • OH CRUD. i can't believe this. lol. i spoke too soon. When there are 2 foxes, only 1 attacks me, and when I die. It does not go to the cloud respawn/reload screen. i just stand there undead. sorry about this.
  • edited June 2016
    I think the death not changing has to do with the fact that i deleted the "change camera position" in the death event. or battle events. EDIT: I checked the simpledefeat event, and the change camera position is still there, so I don't know why it is not going forward to the Gameover, retry screen when my player dies..
  • edited June 2016
    the other fox attacks me only after the first one is dead. I checked fox combatant settings and don't see anything to set for combatant assist other , kind of setting. Also, for my bluepants quest from the tutorial, I am using a fox prefab, I pick up the lost fox pet prefab for the lady character, and go back to return her fox to her, and she says "found my pet fox already?" and it does not go to the reward stage, it does not recognize that i got the fox. I looked in my inventory and the pet Fox is listed , so it has been added to inventory, but the pet owner quest lady is not recognizing it. I went over this tutorial closely twice.

Edit: I just went through every node of the blue pants dialogue event. It is perfect. Exactly the same as the example....I think. lol. On a side note, the names that are supposed to appear above my quest NPCs are not appearing.
  • How did you set up your quest?
  • edited June 2016
    I followed the Ork tutorial exactly word for word, replacing blue pants with my elf prefab and the underpants with my fox prefab. lady finds her lost fox from me.
  • also, my battle menu is staying up after a fox attacks so that i can't interact with the item until i kill the fox that attacked me. the item is a red fox, the others are brown that attack me
  • edited June 2016
    "I followed the ORK tutorial" doesn't answer my question because obviously you missed something. Type out here how you set up your quests and I'll try to help you. For example, I went to Game Quests and added a quest. Etc.

:). Including how your npc dialogue event is set up and what variables you set and checked if any.

For the names appearing above the npc-- in your dialogue event--in your event settings, where it says Actor 0 or whatever, check Set Name and type in a name. Then in the node where he speaks--the dialogue node--Where it says Speaker Settings, check Use Speaker and in the drop down choose That actor.

Where the name appears is set up in the Name section of your Guibox.

I use x o y o width 800 height 80. Anchor Lower left, check Relative bounds, Relative to Upper Left, Padding 5, 1, 5, 1, Line Spacing 10, don't check the 3 boxes, Name vertical alignment top and of course you need a font.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • that would be almost impossible to type all of those settings here. Even if I did screenshots of them it would take forever. I am just going to have to find someone to send my project to. Nevermind. Thanks for telling me about the naming. But if you can help with any other of my questions that would be great. I had a lot of them in this thread. Thanks. Like the not going to the restart screen game over part after I die,

and only 1 fox attacks me at a time. never both. and once a fox attacks me, if i leave, my battle menu wont go back down until i kill that particular fox. which interferes with me interacting with the item i was supposed to pick up for the NPC quest. If anyone can help with any of that , that would be really great. I will have to have someone actually look at my project to fix the quest problem. It is just too huge of a task.
  • It's no harder than my typing out how to get the name of your npc to show up. :) And doing it might give you a better understanding of how things work and interact.

I'll leave the offer on the table to help you if you do that if you don't get a solution.
  • actually this is more important. Is there a way I can get the mouse look for first person to only move around when the right mouse button is held down? Because then when i let go I could use the GUI. The way it is now, when I use the GUI, my view moves all over the place because I am not using the right mouse button to separate mouse look movement from GUI select movement.
  • I'll be back tomorrow. No one here tonight I guess. Thanks