Hey guys, I just had a question about AI. Im currently making an open world game and Ive finally gotten most of the things I need setup. (Woohoo) One of the last (and arguably biggest) things I have to do is make the characters AI.

Ive looked at ORKs AI and its not too bad. I do have a question though..

Im setting up a scene in a house. you can enter this house and talk to a merchant and buy stuff from town, but you can also decide to attack the guy out of nowhere if you choose in real time battle (think elder scrolls). I got it to where shooting him caused him and his buddy roaming his house to attack you.. leading to my question..

Can enemies somehow follow you through scenes? Like if i shoot "Billy" and walk out of his house can he follow me through his door to town and chase me?

One more thing if you dont mind. Ive looked into Makinom for a while, but ive just now gotten comfortable with ORK to actually check it out. Anyways. . I found out you can make AI with Makinom and that got me thinking.. Would I be better off creating my AI with Makinom and using the plugin to work with ORK? It just seems like that would be the better idea if its customizable.

As always, Thanks for your time!

Post edited by ThatRainGuy on
  • Oh, and when i say "not too bad" I dont mean that in negative way at all.. im actually impressed with the built in AI. Ive been around the block with Unity and I may only know little about coding, but I know that AI is one the hardest things to write.
  • Heh. Okay, so think before you speak definitely applies here. (Or, think more?)

Not sure if theres a more official ork way, but attaching a (disabled) dont destroy on load script to the character that activates when attacking him seems to work fine. Just gotta make an event to move him in front of the door outside when you change scenes..

I am still very curious about making AI through makinom though. :)
  • That's one way to do it. You can also e.g. spawn the combatant outside the house (using a Combatant Spawner) based on variable conditions.

And yes, you can also do stuff like that through Makinom if you like :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thats definetly more efficient and effective than what i was doing before. Thanks GIL!