edited July 2016 in Makinom Support
I have a question. Is the collider object also checking against itself in the Collider Intersect Bounds node?
Let say I have 3 tables in the scene with the tags "table". Inside a global event, I have a schematic that when pressing a button, will spawn another table with the same tag on my mouse cursor, and it will follow my mouse until I press another button.

There is a tick schematic on the newly spawned table, which basically use the Collider Intersect Bounds node to check if the table is intersecting other tables. The collider object is the machine object(in this case, the spawned table), and the bounds object is the objects with a tag of "table", created from the settings node with -
Type - game object
Find object - enabled
Search type - tag
Find all - enabled
Search name - table
set to equal and valid true

So my schematic is basically

Collider Intersect Bounds -
Success - show dialogue "Cant put the table here"
Fail - show dialogue "You can put the table here"

I noticed that even if I did not intersect with other tables, my node still show the success dialogue.
Of course, if I spawned a table with a different tag to check against the tables with the tags "table" everything works correctly.
That's why I ask if the collider object is checking against itself, because the table is checking against objects with tags "table" and the table itself also has the same tag, therefore it is always success. Is this a bug, or is it just how it works? :)
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah, that'd also find the table you're currently moving around and check it's own collider against itself.

You can work around that by searching for the tables using found objects and removing the moving table from them. I.e. use a Search Objects node to find the tables and a Change Found Objects node to remove the moving table.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2016
    Ahh, works like a charm. One of the "Oh, so I can also do it that way too" moment. Thanks for helping me, GiL.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on