edited August 2016 in ORK Support
so i have this weird problem, i use this event:

and i have this problem that when i use it on some enemy abilities sometimes (randomly, but it happens more when i dont move) the prefab doesn't destroyed and the enemy stays there waiting for the prefab to be destroyed so it will continue the AI. I can hit/kill the enemy no problem, but the enemy doesnt move cause of the stuck prefab.

No damage dealers/zones, i use calculations ( btw what is the difference except if you want raycast type of abilities? )

the ability:

combatant (enemy) AI Settings:

Any idea what might causing this?
Post edited by dlevel on
  • Most likely the Change Position node moving the prefab never finishes because the prefab can't reach the destination.
    Try setting the Secure Time to 0.5 or lower.

When using a game object instead of a position, the movement will follow the objects position, i.e. not move to the position it had when the move started.

If you don't want the combatant to wait, disable the Wait option in the Change Position node and add a Wait node afterwards - or move by time (i.e. disable Move By Speed).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2016
    Secure Time lowering doesnt worked.

I tried the wait node and disabling the wait option and it works but it doesnt feel natural, so if anyone has an idea why sometimes the prefab cannot reach the destination please let me know because i m trying to figure it out for 5 hours without luck.

edit: after some tests, i notice that the problem occurs when 3 or more enemies fire the same prefab. any idea?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • The move speed is quite high (8), it most likely overshoots the target a bit and, moves back, overshoots again, etc.

I'll look into it, e.g. adding a new option to stop at the target position. For now I'd recommend using movement by time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2016
    ok, just fyi, after many tests, te problem occurs when 3 or more enemies spawn the same prefab. when i have 1 or 2 everything works fine.

also tested with move speed 3 and the problem remains.

also move by time doesnt have the follow position option
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Hm, can you send me a small Unity test project to contact@orkframework.com?
  • edited August 2016
    i m trying to reproduce it on a new scene so i can send you, but now the behavior of the enemies is weird, they just go one above each other etc. and the ability prefabs dont stuck.

edit: ignore this, changed box radius to 1

edit2: something weird happened, now everything works (on my main map) but sometimes some prefabs stay spawned on map but the enemies do not stuck ( so the event continues from wait state )
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • sending you a link
  • Thanks - found a bug when setting prefabs for battle events in abilities/items. Will be fixed in the next update.
  • that is awesome, thank you GIL!