My Quest Giver is in Scene A and the Items to be picked up by the Player are in
Scene B Lets say they are Gemstone's 2 off. I go to the Quest Giver Scene A, he tells Player to pick up 2 Gemstones from Scene B. In Scene B Player picks up the 2 Gemstones, after pick up they disappear as they are supposed to, and go into my Inventory. Player then goes to Scene A to give them to the Quest Giver, to this point all OK. Player then goes back to Scene B, but the 2 Gemstones that were picked up are still there despite disappearing after they were picked up.

Same thing happens when picking up a Sword, disappears from ground after pick up, after going
to another Scene then back again the Sword is on the ground once again.

Using Events basically the same as shown in the ORK DEMO, with Trigger Enter. The Gemstones
are a Prefab.

What am I doing wrong ?.

ORK VER 2.7.2
WINDOWS 10
  • What is happening is that items that are originally in the scene, when you remove them from the scene, they will appear at the same spots after you change scene and come back. You need a way to make them disappear forever, and GiL got a tutorial just for that.

http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/removing-walls/

It's the same concept from removing the gems after you collect them.
  • If you're using Item Collectors, you just need to use scene IDs as explained in the game tutorials - otherwise you need variable conditions on the item's event, e.g. as shown in this simple quest tutorial in the game tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks Shadow_Fire, the Removing Walls was very helpfull, using the VARIABLE EVENT and the VARIABLE CONDITION worked fine.

Thanks gamingislove, I had forgotten about the ITEM COLLECTOR which automatically deletes the Prefab after pickup. Have to admit I had not used the software for ever six months, it's amazing how much you can forget in that time.

Cheers
    Post edited by ozziedave on