• As GiL said, development on this update is slowly wrapping up, unless I come up with something else :D
  • Wow this is a pretty hefty update! And its sounds like it will be a great addition
  • Nice Nice Nice just got this asset today
  • Yah, I can't wait to get my hands on the research portion! I'm excitingly waiting and hope its available this week. Got 11 days off to work on the game, would love to get this incorporated.
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • Just chiming in to say that the updates look great!

Do you have any plans to add terrain features to the Grid-based battle system? Things such as height would be the most important.
  • Take all button :)
  • Thanks GiL and @Bantichai for the public feature :)
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • @BlankMauser
    What kind of height functionality would you need? As is, you can already implement this with custom systems (e.g. in the event system), since the height of the cell is already available through it's Y-position in the world.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is a great update, thanks @GiL and thanks a lot @Bantichai for the sponsorized features!

About the ETA, still 1-2 weeks? Can't wait for trying "research" feature!
  • Yeah, probably another 1-2 weeks - the project with @Bantichai is still ongoing, although there's currently no additional feature implementation planned (beside some small additions).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Whatever it takes, the update seems really huge (considering also the amazing "urchase combatants" addition). Thanks a lot. ^_^
  • edited November 2016
    I'm currently developing my own game alongside these new features, so every now and then I may require a new feature which just ends up being available to you guys as well. We'll have to see how it goes in the coming weeks, but it is definitely is a beefy update, well worth the wait!

I have been working with @GiL to shape the research feature to be very similar to the XCOM games :)
    Post edited by Bantichai on
  • Thanks a lot, really, i do appreciate your effort (both financial either time-consuming) for sucha nice expansion of ORK. And the feature is totally welcome! :-)
  • Hey guys,

After talking to GiL, I have additional features that I would like to implement into ORK. These features are updates to the interface and grid combat. GiL will be writing up a feature list for me in the coming weeks for the interface first.

If you guys are willing to help fund the last milestone for the research feature, it means I can roll my funds into these other features for you guys and get it out quicker. Please consider this :)

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3643/commission-group-buy-request-research-feature-isometric-camera-purchasable-combatants-ork-2-9-0#latest
  • ORK 2.9.0 will be out sometime next week, probably Wednesday or earlier :)