edited December 2016 in Makinom Support
In Makinom, I have a parent with child, and the child has another child object.
For an easy example let's say I have Cube/Sphere/Cylinder.
In the Cylinder, I have a schematic trigger that upon touching the Cylinder, I want it's parent, the Sphere to be destroyed.
In the destroy node, enabling the root and going from there to the Sphere child will destroy the Sphere as I wanted, but here's the reason why going that route is not ideal for me.

My real example,
In my scene I have a game object called Area which has a trigger to mount gameobjects with tag "Enemy" to it. Upon pressing play, two single combatant spawners will spawn two same enemies, let's called this enemy Rat, directly to the area trigger, which makes them child of the Area. In the Rat prefab, I have a game object as a child, and the game object child has an schematic trigger that will destroy the rat upon triggering it.

To summarize,
So in my scene I have Area/Rat(Clone), Rat(Clone)
Both Rats have a game object child that will destroy the rat when touching it.
If I enabled the root in the destroy node and just go Area/Rat(Clone), then upon touching a rat, the rat that is destroyed might not be the one I want.

Conclusion,
Is there a way to specify that I only want to destroy the parent above the child? Ork or Maknom :)
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • No, currently there isn't. The only way to do this would be not having the rats be childs of the same game object (or being child objects at all).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2016
    Ah I see. That's very unfortunate, but I'll think up of another way.

Edit: After thinking and some trials and errors, I manage to combine makinom and ork to do what I want while still having the rats be childs of the game object. All thanks to your hardwork, GiL, so thanks!
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on