edited January 2017 in Makinom Support
I created a new fresh project to test on something.
Hmm GiL, do you know why makinom's variables are now not resetting upon a new game? In the scene, I switched a test makinom's variable to true, and call a ork game event node with the game over event. It sent me back to the main menu scene. When I press new game, the test variable is still true. This causes a lot of issue because when my makinom player controller is being blocked by a variable, upon a new scene, my player still can't move due to the variable.

I must be missing something, but no matter how hard I look, it always seems to escape my grasp.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Do you also start a new game in Makinom, or only in ORK?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Do you mean the option in the game starter? It is enabled in ork but not in makinom. I also tried enabling it in makinom, but that didn't work.
    If you didn't mean that, then I only start a new game using the Ork's main menu section.
  • edited January 2017
    In that case, you'll have to call a Makinom schematic in ORK's start event that either starts the game (Start Game node) or just clears the global variables (Clear Variables node) :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    That's weird, on my other project I didn't need to use the makinom's clear variable node in my start event. It just clear itself automatically upon a new game start. :)
    The clear variables node will clear the global variable, but that didn't clear the object variables. There's an option in the clear global variable node to clear the object variables, but that's only to clear it on specific gameobjects and not the whole game.

I also tried using the start game node but that didn't clear anything. :)
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • That's strange - using the Start Game node with Init Variables enabled should clear all variables (global and object) ... just did a quick test and that's working fine.

Naturally, this will also set your initial variables as defined in the game settings.
  • Ohhh, it was 2am when I tested it and I did not see that little option at all. Oops, sorry :)
    That did the job. Thanks as always!