Title says it, I'm trying to hide an ability in the battle menu choices if it doesn't meet the status requirements on the ability. I've been searching around in the options and on the forums and haven't found if this is possible. Does anyone know if it is possible?
  • Hello, I'm not sure if what you're requesting is explicitly possible. But there may be some workarounds.

A few things to make sure I understand first though:

Would your system be operating on the requirement that the given combatant must "know" the abilities but just cannot see them in the menu?

For example: If the combatant knows Fire spell 1, 2 and 3, but only has access to level 1 due to (let's say) some status requirement or something of that nature.

Does it matter if the combatant "knows" the ability?

I ask, because I wonder what would be the difference between not knowing the ability and not being able to access it, versus, knowing the ability, but not being able to see or access it in a menu.

Does that make sense?

• That's currently not possible - the battle menu will list all available abilities, those that aren't usable due to requirements are inactive buttons.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the responses. twill14 - The combatant would know the ability. In your example it would hide say Fire 3 if you do not have enough MP to cast it. I'll create my own solution. Thanks again for the quick replies.
  • A follow up question that came while trying to create a work around - Is it possible to update the battle menu while it is already on the screen to display newly learned abilities and hide forgotten abilities? Basically a refresh of the possible options.
  • Not out of the box - the battle menu only updates the use state of the displayed abilities (e.g. disabling a button if all targets run out of range), but the list of abilities isn't updated while you're in the ability menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!