edited March 2017 in ORK Support
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for an awesome framework. I'm using the tutorials and everything has been straightforward so far.

However, when a turn-based battle is triggered, my 'Battle View' camera is not positioning correctly. The camera zooms into the floor, seemingly at the mid-point between the fighters. The 'Battle Start Zoom' camera appears to work correctly, and the 'Victory' camera focusing on the Player after he wins the battle is also correct.

I've seen similar problems on other posts - such as the camera control being over-ridden - this is not the case. I've double-checked that the event is enabled (it is), and that the camera positions are set up correctly (they are).

When I make changes to the camera for testing purposes (for example the X,Y,Z position and/or rotation), nothing changes. Similarly, in the Event, if I change that camera to 'Victory' (which works post-battle), nothing appears to change. The camera is targeting 'Waypoint' and 'Arena' as stated in the tutorial.

In a possibly-related issue, fighters do not 'runToBase' after an attack, but all congregate in the middle of the field. The mapping co-ordinates all appear to be correct. I wonder if the issue is maybe with the 'Arena' itself not being set up properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Post edited by GreenPilgrim on
  • Try increasing the wait time in the Wait node before the camera change.

If the fighters run to the arena instead of their base positions, you should check the event if the correct target is used. Also, check if the battle spots are placed correctly when testing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi gil,

I'm pleased to say that increasing the wait time worked.

For anyone else having a similar problem, setting both 'Wait' times to 1.0 seconds doesn't really affect the smoothness of the animation, but fixed the problem for me!

I'll try and shove a '[SOLVED]' in front of the post title!