edited April 2017 in ORK Support
i've just recently implemented the navigation bar feature, and it's all working, mostly

things like exits, combatants, boxes, shops etc all display as expected

but i'm using custom interactions to display extra things like hotels and whatnot. i tick "Custom Selection" in the HUD element definition and set "Custom Type" to, for instance, "hotel". i then select the relevant interaction object and select "Custom Interaction" as the interaction type, with "Custom Type" set to "hotel"

now, if the player starts off on the same scene as the hotel then the appropriate marker doesn't display in the navbar. however, if he leaves the scene and then returns, the marker magically appears

soooo, is there any way to fix it so that it displays right away, or is there a different method i should use to mark these things?

Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • never mind. the problem only occurs if you run the game from the scene itself. if you run the game from the start menu, everything displays as expected
  • Yeah, the navigation bar doesn't work correctly when starting in the scene with a dirty quick test game starter :)
    Only after changing scene, or when going through the main menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!