edited March 2014 in ORK Support
Is it possible to change cast time of abilities in game? E.g. I would like to have a stat that controls how fast abilities cast. So if an ability takes 2 seconds to cast, and my player's 'cast speed' is 1, it would cast in 2s, but if cast speed is 0.5 it would cast in 4s. It would also be nice if these could differ by ability type so that magic type abilities and physical type abilities are controlled by different statistics. This is the real-time battle system equivalent of manipulating turn order.

The only way I can think to do it is to make battle events for every single ability, but that somehow seems like overkill.
  • Currently not possible, but seems like a good update to have the usual value selection there (e.g. using a formula).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Formulas would be a great way to do it. The only downside is that it would require a different formula for each cast time since there is no way to set a different initial value for the formula based on the ability that called it at least as far as I can figure out. :) Or is there? :P In any case at least for my purposes that would still be fine, I only have about 10 cast times planned for magic while all physical abilities share a single one, so that's not too many.
  • No, there is no way to pass an initial value to formulas (yet) - maybe coming soon :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!