edited July 2017 in ORK Support
Hello again!

I'm wondering if there's a way to update the inventory in the context of a crafting menu/event.

I have crafting windows set up similarly to the tutorial, and I also have inventories simultaneously open which show the used crafting materials and the crafting results. Unfortunately, it looks like the inventory with the materials updates successfully, but the one with the crafted result does not. So items disappear in one place, but don't appear until the menu is closed and then reopened again.

Any way I can cause the inventory to update?

-Jacob
Post edited by JacobFalling on
  • edited July 2017
    I'll look into it - so you're using an Inventory and a Crafting menu part?

Edit: Working fine here, both parts (inventory and crafting) update after crafting - I'll need more infos on your setup.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a menu with three parts:

1. An inventory with items used to craft (restricted by type); this updates in conjunction with the crafting part (used items vanish upon crafting)

2. The crafting menu part; works as expected -- user has recipe and items in 1, user can craft

3. An inventory with items created by crafting in 2 (restricted by type); this inventory remains blank as the crafting occurs and used items disappears from the inventory in 1; I know that the crafting itself succeeds and that the inventory for the crafted items works is set correctly for the item type, because if I leave the crafting station and then return, the inventory in #3 does then contains the items -- it simply does not seem to update while crafting

The menu is instantiated through an interaction event with a trigger object. Currently, for testing purposes, the event actually gives the recipe for above as well as the inventory items needed for the crafting, then triggers the menu.

Any thoughts based on that?

I'm actually using this crafting mechanism as a way for the player to assign people (initial items inventory) to tasks (subsequent items inventory), so the concurrent inventory feedback for the player is critical.

Thank you again for your incredible work. This is a re-envisioning of a game I spent months attempting previously; Ork has allowed me to make five times the progress in a matter of weeks.
  • Yep, I can confirm this - but it only happens when the inventory didn't have any items of that type (i.e. the menu not displaying any items).
    I'll fix this in the next udpate, for now you can fix this on your end by enabling Show Empty Types in the type box settings of the inventory menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, perfect. I'll go ahead and mark as resolved.
  • Fixed in todays release of ORK 2.12.0, thanks for reporting the bug :)
  • Wonderful, thanks!