I have a question, and I'm not sure if it's appropriate for this forum or if it belongs somewhere else, but here we go:

I want my player to be able to shoot at... well, everything, even when not in combat. Shooting at an object may simply cause an effect (a ricochet sound effect, or an object exploding, or whatever), but shooting at an NPC should trigger combat.

My question is, can I use the "Throwing a Fireball" tutorial to set up the shooting system (shooting straight ahead of the player), and use the shot hitting as a trigger to enter combat?

I'm pretty sure this should work, but if someone has already doped out how to do this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel!

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • Hm, yes, that should work.

You'll probably have to add an event interaction to the fireball prefab (Trigger Enter with start by others enabled) to initiate combat with NPCs.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!