For the last few months I have been building assets and smaller systems for a VR/Oculus Touch first person RPG in the vein of Elder Scrolls (obviously not that complex though).

Since I'm not a coder I'm looking into packages that help build the game systems. I looked into plyGame but that doesn't support first person.

So I guess the most important question is, how difficult is it (or do you think) to setup Oculus Touch in Ork? Or can it even be done. I saw a Touch option in the demo, but I'm assuming that's touch screen for mobile.

Also for those of you who have used Ork. How viable is it for making a first person hack and slash RPG? I'm checking the demo out, but I am still only scratching the surface.

Just thought I'd ask for some insight before I devoted a ton of time learning this system.

Thanks for any feedback!
  • edited July 2017
    about first person rpg you can check my game which using ork www.thesixdragons.com .

About touch I cant help you, but I guess it can be setup outside of ork.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Game is looking excellent. I'll keep my eyes on it. Thanks for the info!
  • You can use custom input (e.g. Occulus Touch) with ORK by using Custom type input keys. You might have to write a small wrapper class that is called by ORK, depending on how Occulus Touch can be accessed from code ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome thanks for the info. I"m still trying to get this thing to work in first person. I'll keep checking out the tutorials though.