edited August 2017 in ORK Support
GIL, I know that you fixed this once, but it came back again :)
If you add a new hud of type combatant and try to click the Open In GUI Editor, Ork will become blank and the only way to close Ork down is to close unity itself and restart again. I'm using the latest Ork version.

This is the console error

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
ORKFramework.Editor.HUDGUIEditor.ShowWYSIWYG (Boolean forceSize, Boolean allWires)
ORKFramework.Editor.ORKGUIEditor.Show ()
ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Hm, not happening on my end - just adding a new HUD, setting it to Combatant HUD type and opening the GUI editor works fine here.
    Either I already fixed that in the development version or you're doing something else in addition to this :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've created a new unity project and import a fresh ork into it. It works, so yeah, it's something else that I am also doing inside my own project. I just don't know what it is.
    I went into my ork project and deleted everything, from gui, hud, move ai, to combatants and everything. I then used the default hud to create a combatant type and errors still happen. I export my orkproject asset into a new project and the error still occurs. :)
  • @Shadow_Fire did you tried just by reloading the Unity Editor layout to avoid having to restart the whole Unity application?
  • Ahh yeah, I can also do that when ork freezes. Thanks, man.
  • Any new insight on that?
    Otherwise you can send me your ork project asset (found here:
    Assets/ORKFramework/ORKProject.asset) to contact@orkframwork.com and I can find where the error is coming from :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    I've sent you the ork asset :)

A stupid mistake from me. Solved.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on