edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Edit, please see my last post.
Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • I guess that's a combatant selection ... ?
    In case you're talking about an overview menu like in the game tutorials, just disable Select Combatant in the button list's menu items that call your menu screens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    please see my last post.
  • The damage types have nothing to do with playing audio - what you set up in them is which animation type to use when the damage occurs.
    To play the sound type, you'll have to set that up in the ability/item in the target changes (for playing the sound on the target).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Got it to work thanks very much Gamingislove!

EDIT. I got the battle menu to disappear by making its size 0 0 0 0 . so it is there but doesn't show. Is there a way to make the main menu pop up when I hit the escape key when in battle mode? please. There is also a bug where when I don't finish killing a creature, my battle menu won't go down and I can't access the main menu. If I can solve these, it will be close to perfect!
  • Please don't remove your questions when they have been answered - it might help others to see what your issue was :)

You can completely disable the battle menu by disabling Auto Call Menu in the used battle system's settings and selecting an input key without an actual input (e.g. the default None input key) to call the battle menu.

You can't call menu screens when the player control is blocked.
  • edited August 2017
    ok thank you. How can I call the main menu screen when i am in battle mode? when my player hp and mana tab is up on the right.I want to be able to call the main menu at all times. or able to. please.
    I unchecked every "player block" setting in the framework, and I cannot get the main menu to come up when i am in battle mode, when the player hp and mana tab is up to the right.

Also, I chose to use mouse targeting, but I cannot see it. Is there a way to have mouse targeting, and have a tab on top of mine that pops up in battle mode that tells the enemy name, hp and mana? please. the way it is now i have no real targeting, or it just attacks the closest creature to me when i run up to attack and cast a spell. I am using first person real time battles.
  • You should be able to call your menu screens if you're using real time battles without blocking the player control. Unless you've set up call requirement in the menu screen - check if Use Requirement is enabled below the menu screen's call key.

I'll need more details on how you want your mouse targeting. I guess you've locked the cursor to the screen center? Which player/camera controls are you using?
  • awesome thanks for fixing my menu, works great. My mouse cursor is not tied to anything in game but just to mouselook. so when i turn far right or left, the cursor goes far right or left out of the preview game window. I cannot remember what it looks like in a build of the game.

I am using the FPS controller on my player . another thing that is bothering me is that since i am using the mouse to look around, my view moves when i have to click on something in the menu. My only solution is when battling to use keys on the shortcut skillbar, so 1 pressed down shoots off button 1 fireball. press number 2, casts a heal. etc.
    rather than use the mouse to press the cast spell buttons. Which does not work anyway, well it may have a few times.

Again thanks for your help. When you type a few sentences, it solves several huge things in my game. thanks.
  • Usually you'd block the player/camera control in menus when using first person cameras to prevent this behaviour :)
    As long as you let ORK know about your custom controls, that'll be handled by ORK for you.
  • edited August 2017
    the last thing is, my combatants just disappear when i kill them. no dying animation. My "menu stats" in the menu..the player class and race to the right are over each other scrambled. That is about it, and really, I'm very happy my problems are getting so small as not to be a huge game factor! Thanks for your help gamingislove!
  • Did you set up a dying animation on the combatant? I.e. it has to be set up in ORK for the combatant's animation settings, the actual prefab's animation setup needs to have the animation, and the death battle event needs to play the animation.

As for the scrambled stats, sounds like you'll have to work on the element bounds for the different HUD elements used to display the information :)