edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Looking for a way to add a defend to real time battles.

Is it possible to make an ability use defend?
Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • You can fire ORK's regular defend command through control maps or by assigning it as a shortcut (e.g. as a default shortcut assignment in Menus > Shortcut Settings) and fire that with a control map or use it through a shortcut HUD.

You can also create your custom defend ability that does whatever you need, and use it the same way, i.e. contorl maps and/or shortcuts.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    I'm able to set defend up as a default shortcut assignment. If I assign something over the defend command, I can't get another defend command from anywhere.

Is it possible to add defend to the ability menu screen? If so I would be able to assign defend with ease to hotkey slots with drag and drop.
  • That's currently not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Would I be able to make a custom defend ability work like the defend command?

If so, how do I make an ability work like the defend command?

• The defend command will reduce the damage based on percent, e.g. if the defend rate is 50, the combatant will only take 50 % of the damage.

To achieve a similar effect, you'll have to set up a status effect that e.g. increases the combatant's defence status value. The effect would end after Turn Start to remove defend when the combatant selects/starts the next action.
    Your defend ability would simply add that status effect.
  • Set up an ability that adds a defend status effect for some time.

Is it possible to only apply a status effect while a hotkey is held down?

• As @dlevel pointed out, you could use global events for this - requires 2 global events and 2 input keys:

First event:
    - use the input key that recognizes pressing the key down
    - apply the status effect in the used game event

Second event:
    - use the input key that recognizes releasing the key (up)
    - remove the status effect in the used game event
  • Made an event the applies the status effect only when the key is held down. Thanks @dlevel for the link.

I'm now looking for a way to make the combatant immune to certain status effects while it has my defend status effect applied.
  • That can also be handled by the defend status effect. Add the effects to the Auto Status Effects settings with the Remove change selected will grant immunity to those effects.
  • That Worked. Thanks :)