edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Hiya

New to ork framework so ill get right to it.

I made a custom heal particles effect but whenever I use it for the small heal it spawns below the ground basically below the player and cant be seen except for faint particles coming through the floor.

The same thing happens when using the particles provided but all the other spells seem tp work fine. Still need to test boost.

The potions that use the same particles are working as expected.

What might I be doing wrong?
Post edited by darkbladenemo on
  • edited August 2017
    Check where the particles are emitted in local space of your particle prefab - keep in mind that X=0, Y=0, Z=0 in local space will be placed at the position you spawn the prefab at. E.g. if the particles are spawned at a negative Y position, they'll spawn below the spawn position of the prefab.
    Easy way to check that is to drag your prefab into a scene and having it selected - the handle will usually be dispalyed at XYZ=0 of the prefab.

Also, you can use the spawn offset when spawning the particle prefab to spawn it at a higher position.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It was my bad in the end :/ The main issue was the base of the particles which was a summoning circle doodad was set to 0,0,0 in the gameObject position which made it spawn below the floor. The reason why it seemed like some particles were coming through was caused by the particles spawning too slowly. Turning on Prewarm fixed the issue of the slow spawn but will need to find a better way (Maybe extend the time period allowed for particles to spawn?) and changing the y axis value of the base to 0.001 seemed to fix the issue of it spawning below the floor.