How can I go about setting this up? Not using chances something like in Assassin's Creed where if you press a button perfectly timed you can block their attack and then attack?

I'm thinking maybe I set up a game variable that activates when an enemy uses his attacking ability.
  • You'd have to set that up in the battle event that animates the attack.
    E.g. before the attack hits, check if the target is the player and use a Wait For Input node to check for the player's input to counter it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2017
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a node for before the attack hits?

Also is it possible to set up combo attacks with Mecanim?
    Post edited by 2001ORKUser on
  • edited September 2017
    Depends on how you do damage - e.g. if you're using the Calculate node, you'd have to do this before that node.

Can you go into more details about the combo attacks with Mecanim?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!