edited September 2017 in ORK Support
The new game involves the mechanisms of both RPGs and Sity-buildind. Where can be built a building, a wall, a tree, improving their level and so on
Including the destruction of the building and any other buildings. Can this be realized?
Post edited by Alex on
  • Well I think your could make your buildings as combatants, and to build them you use a value input dialogue node to ask the player for different options. So essentially buildings are non moving combatants with stats, and to level them up you can use the same experience system that's already there.
  • It'd involve heavy use of the event system with game variables and prefabs. You'd basically have to store the type and position of each placed thing in variables (e.g. type as a string, like 'house' or 'tree', the position as a Vector3).

It's doable, but not that easy - I don't know if there's an asset out there that allows doing this, but if there is, it's probably better suited for this task :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!