edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I'll end up buying this eventually because even the beta limited version is getting me all excited, but I had 2 questions.

1. (I've haven't checked it yet so it might be a stupid question) Is there anyway that you can make the battle system or the game system more uniquewise like in JRPG's. For example, I saw in an RPG that I love that abilities rely on day or night time and stuff like that.

2. I was wondering why the enemy/player get's hit so late. I'm assuming it happens after the attack animation ends... Is there any way to speed this up?

Thanks in advance...
  • I'm no expert on this but I believe it can do 1 easily. As for 2, I was worried about the same thing when I first arrived. You should play Wilfred the Hero demo. It uses Ork 1 and it is simply amazing. It will give you an idea just what can be done.

http://www.brandonabley.com/?page_id=117
  • Wow! Looks super amazing, thanks!

I actually want to recreate something like this...

• It's definitely possible to do stuff (and the ORK2 framework would make it much, much easier to implement!) like your video but not right out of the box; it'd require a good amount of work with GUI/HUD and extra coding if you want your own unique spin on the already existing battle frameworks.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • 1) Yes, you can do this by using the event system and game variables.
    E.g. you can create a day/night system with global events and game variables and use the game variables to influence damage calculations and other stuff.

2) That's just because I've set it up to be like this - animating the battle is done using battle events, and you have complete control on what happens when, how long the wait times are, etc.
    If you haven't looked at the game tutorials yet, I'd really advise going through them - the latest tutorials featured animating the battle (e.g. here for animating a basic attack ability).

Btw, I absolutely loved Eternal Sonata :D
    Something like this should be possible with ORK Framework, by strongly using the event system and game variables. I can't really tell if everything will be possible out of the box, but after the beta you'll have access to the gameplay related code and can change things if needed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    GiL, you have no idea how you've made my day! I will take my time on this and hopefully get this framework by the end of the month! Now I can't wait to get started :p
    I was tweaking with the demo earlier(last month or so) and couldn't have it to change... But I will carefully read the tut that you put up. Thanks for this!

Oh small question, how you get the orkframework to update without losing all the things you've made in editor... Because I once went from beta9 to beta10 and lost all the properties n such... I'm scared to upgrade to a newer beta now, lol

Post edited by Wiseland on
  • Since we're in beta phase, there's a data loss from time to time (mostly because a feature changed - e.g. the upcoming beta14 will feature a multi-currency system, so all money settings will be reset). There's usually a warning in the release notes if some data will be lost.

After the beta phase, there will be no such data loss - if something changes, there'll be an automatic transfer of the data (like it has been in ORK 1, I just didn't bother doing this in beta phase :D).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!