Not sure if anyone else is having this problem... very bizarre and not sure if a problem with ORK or the latest Unity

Using UNITY 2017.2.0f3 On Windows 10

Whenever I type in the editor for ORK... (ORK Window) I can only type on character and then bumped out as if I hit the tab key. The only test I could really do is check with other assets that use an editor and I don't seem to be able to replicate this problem in other assets. Finding this quite bothersome. I have to either constantly click after every character, or type what I want in notepad and cut and paste into the ORK Editor. Kind of at a dead standstill as the simplest edits take forever. Any help or insight on this matter would be awesome.
Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • edited November 2017
    Yes, I've already reported this problem to gamingislove.
    This problem occurs both with Unity 2017.2 and Unity 2017.3 beta.
    I've switched to 2017.1 for now.
    Post edited by fandrfa on
  • Ok good stuff... did a search and nothing came up so glad it will be addressed...

Cheers
    Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • The issue seems to only occur in the first text field of the open sub-section (usually the Name field) in Unity 2017.2(+). I haven't found a solution yet, though ... hopefully this is a Unity-thing and solved by 2017.3 release :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Update on this issue: I've found the source for this, and it's a Unity bug that has already been reported. Here's the Unity Issue Tracker link for the bug, it'd be great if some of you can also vote on it to make them solve it sooner :)

What basically happens is that changing the name of a data set (e.g. an item) causes the selection grid (for selecting the item) to get the focus due to being renamed ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Eugh, c'mon Unity. Voted for it. Annoying as I wanted features in 2017.2, hopefully they'll fix it in time for the next beta release.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames