I created a hunt move for my enemy character for hunting the player character. The problem is that my enemy character(using the move AI) doesn't hunt the player. I believe my settings are correct, so will state them below.

Am using unity nav mesh. The nav mesh agent component is attached to the enemy character. Then i checked the static objects and baked the scene.

Move Ai settings

Use mode Hunt
Use auto stop checked
Stop distance 1
Stop time 1
Component type Nav mesh agent

ENEMY DETECTION
Use detection checked
Detect only leader unchecked
Detect on damage unchecked
Base detection range
Range 5
Threshold 0.5
Ignore height distance checked

MOVE DETECTION
Type sight
Angle settings
Angle 360
Angle offset 0

TARGET POSITION CHECK
Ignore height distance checked
Target lost interval 3
Lost position check checked
CHECK 0
Intervals 0
Minimum distance 0

HUNTING SETTING
Stop range
Use stop range checked
Range 5
Threshold 2
Use action range checked

For the enemy Combatant setting, aggression type is set to always(always aggressive). Then the Ai movement setting i checked use move Ai and select the move Ai i created.

Can't figure out why the enemy is not moving. Thanks in advance
  • If possible, can i send the a test project containing just the move Ai and combatant setting?
  • Well, your detection range is 5 ... and your hunting stop range is 5 ...
    I.e. the combatant is detecting you at 5, but will stop 5 before the target, i.e. no movement :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    Still not working. Sometimes they just move around(without even attempting to hunt the player), other times they just stand. Have tried many settings, without any success . Trying to conclude my project. Please i will send you a copy of my mini(without the assets) project to help me with the Move Ai.

I also have other little problem holding my work back. I noticed a problem with my refresh and damage notification. Am using the notification move events you used in the tutorial link below http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/19-damage-and-refresh-notifications/

Then finally, a little problem with my battle event. I created my battle event such that a when a prefab(with damage dealer component) is spun, any enemy within the prefab collider, receives damage, and also another prefab is spun on the position, the damage dealer hits the enemy, when the activate damage dealer node is used. But unfortunately is working that way, rather the prefab is spun on the foot of the enemy who received the damage in stead of the position hit. Any idea on how i can fix this.

I will send a copy the project to your mail. With details of this my post

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate your support all these while
    Post edited by henkesky1 on