edited November 2017 in ORK Support
Hello,

Let me just say that I'm completely new to Unity so I've been trying to closely follow the tutorial while programming.
It's been going pretty smoothly for the most part, but I have encountered an error when I tried to implement Battle Start & Battle End events.

Not only does the camera positioning look a little... off, but both the player and enemy combatants have both spawned in the exact same location and merged into each other.

I'm not entirely sure how this happened, whether I overlooked an important asset, misunderstood an important instruction or made an error in the code (all very likely) but I just wanted to know if anyone knew what was going wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Okay, this issue has now been resolved, but unfortunately, I now have encountered a new issue as you see in my comment below.

EDIT:

Everything has been resolved now! Thank you very much for the helpfulness and kindness of this community!
Post edited by PottedCactus on
  • Looks like you've set up the battle spots wrongly (Battle System > Battle Spots). You can find this in game tutorial #16.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you very much for you help! I appreciate it!

I've had another look at the battle spots, and yes, as you said, I have set them up incorrectly, now I've fixed that problem, yay!

Unfortunately, I've run into a new problem, though.
    It's to do with "Battle events 1".

When I get my actor to attack an enemy, they will run up to them and proceed to play the attack animation, but they will just stay in front of the enemy for the rest of the battle and not run back to their way point.

Does anyone know what's happening with that and how I can fix it?
  • Make sure the runToBase battle event is set up correctly, i.e. moving to the User Base waypoint.

Also, check if your attack ability is using the correct battle events in the correct order :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay! The problem has been resolved!

Thank you very much for your help and your continued patience for this dumb little newbie!
    I will try and read things through more in the future!
  • That's ok, we all have to start somewhere :)
    ORK is a very complex system and you'll need some time to really get to into it and learn your way around things.