edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Gil, if I would to create a player controller in makinom using schematics, how would I plug that into ork so that ork will know about it and will block the controller during appropriate times?

Right now inside my controller schematic, I have a check variable blockPlayerControl and whenenever I want to block it,for ex, like during a menu screen, I just turn the variable on/off via the open/close game event of the menu screen. No big deal for me. I'm just curious if there is a better or default way of doing it.

Another question, I dont want to create another thread to clutter it.
In the battle menu, I enabled Add Back Button to last, so now whenever Im in turnbased battle and I choose the item option to go pick out an item, the back button will be last. Is it possible to choose it individually? For example, in the ability battle option, I want the back to be last, but I want it to show it first in the item option.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • The ORK-Makinom Connection plugin can forward control blocks between ORK and Makinom. E.g. ORK blocking player controls will disable the In Control game state in Makinom (or if you're setting up custom game states, set one up that reacts to the Block Player Control state change event).

Either have the schematic or the machine running the schematic depend on that game state.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah I see. It is that easy. Got it to work, thanks!
    Oh yeah, I think you forgot my second question :)
  • No, that's not possible - and sounds like a horrible user experience :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • :D
    Oh yeah GiL, adding the movement schematic to the player and blocking it via the in control state works well, but after I died in a turnbased battle while the control is being blocked and restart the game from the main menu scene, the character won't move anymore. The only way to make it move again is to pause the game and go manually remove the in control game state from the schematic. Maybe ork/ makinom forgot to remove the block state after a game over?

Another small thing, the equipment fork node is being a pain in the butt :)
    The moment you create the node, the event system will freeze/lag and you won't be able to do anything in it.
  • edited December 2017
    Will look into that - probably resetting stuff (which isn't technically unblocking) isn't forwarded between ORK and Makinom :)
    You can also manually change the game state in schematics.

Equipment Fork node display will be fixed in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Yep, resetting the controls when coming back to the main menu scene isn't forwarded, will be fixed in the next update.