edited December 2017 in ORK Support
How do I implement the "new content" method into the logs?
In inventory settings, in the mark new contents default setting I put
Mark New Data : First Add
Unmark New Data : View

In the menu screens in my inventory and log menu, I enabled Mark New Logs and Mark New Items.
Upon adding a new item or new log text, there's no indication to show up anywhere that it is a new content.
Do you know what else I miss?

Edit:
Nevermind.
I kept forcing myself to play around with it for a while and boom I just have an epiphany now.
GiL, do you know why the learned logs don't save upon loading a new game?
During gameplay I have an event that added 5 log texts to my log menu screen.
In the menu screen under the logs menu, I can see the 5 logs in there. I saved the game, load the file back up, went to check, and the gui box is blank. I checked the save menu setting and the log section is enabled.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • I'm not sure; I'm having the same issue myself. One set of my logs will save, but not the second set. The logs are assigned in two different events, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

In my version, the player enters an area and when the area loads, it checks if they've learned the log for that area. If so, then it just changes the area appropriately. Else, it will give the log and then change the area.

The player can then walk into another area and the same thing; check if learned, if true, change area, else, assign then change area.

Yet the first log the player learns from starting the game will save, but the log for the second area will not. It actually is in the save file, but it doesn't load or appear in the game.

I'm going to see if I can work it out, but no luck, unless anyone knows what's going on here.
  • OK, I'm out of time to work on this so it's all on GiL.

I tried every possible test from options not set, changing indexes, even saving and then changing the log id's in Ork and then loading. It will load the one related to the saved ID, but that's it.

I guess to more describe what's going on, at least on my end, only logs (types and logs) at ID 0 will load. All logs received will be saved into the file correctly, but when exiting and loading back in, only logs at ID 0 will actually load; the game actually treats the logs as if they're new again; not learned. (I know this because my game has that check to see if the log was already learned.)

Log types and logs themselves past 0 won't load back in, but texts load just fine. (log 0 with texts 0 and 1 loaded just fine, weirdly enough)

It also doesn't make any difference if the logs were assigned in the same event or not. I tested by making new logs and they would assign, but not load when loading a save. Unless there's a setting that I missed, it really looks like any logs or types that aren't ID 0 won't save.

Is this a bug then? Sorry to jump in, but I'd rather not start a whole new post.
  • Will look into that - there've been some changes to log saving alongside the mark new content feature, although it worked in my tests at that time :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Did some tests and worked fine on my end. Newly learned logs and log texts are saved and loaded just fine (also with higher IDs).

I'd need a small Unity test project where this happens to check things out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Project incoming. (just a head of time, the project is made in Unity 2017.1.0p4)
  • Great, please send it to contact@orkframework.com :)
  • edited December 2017
    For others having this issue - there's a bug, loading logs checks against number of quests instead of number of logs when verifying the loaded ID.

Will be fixed in the next update. In the meantime you can work around that by adding some quests to match the number of logs :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on