edited December 2017 in ORK Support
I thought I'd just start a thread to contain the things I'm trying to do, and if you, gentle reader, have a suggestion on how to do that thing, you could comment with your insight below.

1 - Have a grid move count as X action points for each grid. This would allow a character to (for example) move three hexes (burning up, say, three action points), attack (burning up one action point), move again across two hexes (burning up 2 action points), use a special attack (burning up 4 action points), etc, as long as he's not out of action points.

2 - For Battle AI, check the combatant's equipment and move into Melee range (if armed with a melee weapon) or move into Shooting range (if armed with a shooting weapon), or move into Thrown range (if armed with a throwing weapon).

3 - For Battle AI, have a combatant change his weapon or decide to reload his current weapon; specifically, shoot a pistol, and then either switch to a sword, or spend two turns reloading the pistol.

4 - Block movement for certain actions; if reloading a pistol, the character should not be able to move at all, and should spend his entire turn reloading.

5 - For Battle AI, have the combatant seek out not the closest enemy, but the closest enemy where he can attack from the back (to gain the backstabbing bonus)!!

6 - My camera doesn't reset to the default when the grid battle is complete. This is certainly something that is baked in, but I'm missing a setting somewhere...

I'll add to this list. Feel free to chime in for any of these if I'm missing something obvious.

Go, team!
Post edited by chainsawpenguin on
  • 1) As already said, I'll look into that for future updates :)

2) Use a Check Status node for the equipment check (either checking for a specific weapon or armor, or for weapons/armors of a defined item type). Afterwards, use a Grid Move node with a stop distsance that matches your different ranges.

3) Changing equipment and reloading would have to be set up as abilities to be used by the battle AI.

4) As said, set it up as an ability :)
    Blocking the next turn could be handled by a status effect (applied by the ability).

5) The Grid Move node allows you to move to the Back of a target, but I don't think it's possible to really get the one where the back cell is the closes, only the closest combatant.

6) Depends on your whole camera setup. You might have to set the camera control target back to the player in the battle end event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1 - Yup, just noting it! :) AND THANK YOU!

2 - Perfect!

3 & 4 - Huh. Abilities to change equipment and reloading... Okay, I'll play with that! That would actually solve the same problem for my player group.

5 - OOooooOoOooOh.... just knowing that it allows you to move to the back of a target is a huge step in the right direction. I'll implement that, and see how it feels to be on the receiving end of a DAGGER IN DA BACK!

6 - As we've noted in other threads and support requests, there's a LOT I still don't understand about the camera setup. I'll get there eventually!!

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and suggestions! Super appreciated!!

• edited December 2017
    Just to let you know:

1) Will be in the next update :)

3) Yeah, you can use abilities for all kinds of things, and since you can add temporary abilities in battle, you can also use them for some special actions you want in some battles, or in-battle cut-scenes :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1 - Have a grid move count as X action points for each grid. This would allow a character to (for example) move three hexes (burning up, say, three action points), attack (burning up one action point), move again across two hexes (burning up 2 action points), use a special attack (burning up 4 action points), etc, as long as he's not out of action points.
    It's in the 2.14.3 update! I was waiting for this feature as well.
    Thank you GiL!
  • ...is it? How can I implement this?

I will fiddle around with my settings today, and see if I can get this to work! If anyone has any guidance or advice on implementing this, do let me know!
  • edited January 2018
    @chainsawpenguin
    Grid cell types now have an Action Cost setting in addition to the Move Cost setting :)
    However, this is only suitable for turn based and phase battles (which use action costs).
    Post edited by gamingislove on