Hey guys,

Long time lurker here finally hunkering down to make my game. I was bouncing between using ORK or... well just coding everything from the ground up and figured that's not really practical. (-10 coding skill anybody? Have some learning to do.)

TLDR? If ORK doesn't currently support it, can I add it?

Simple question: Just how flexible is ORK - specifically the battle system. I know there are 30+ threads dedicated to this question but I usually just see hard no's to some questions.

I want to add mechanics onto the base ATB system. Can I code these with C# by altering ORK's code - for instance an interrupt system (attacks interrupt abilities), party swap on hotkey, passive abilities firing off when off screen characters reach a certain tick value, custom 'pause' states when swapping equipment, summons, *Battle Menu Back Button*, blah blah blah... list continues to infinity.

Thank you for taking the time to read / reply to another one of these!

• ORK comes with most of the source code available relating to gameplay (everything minus the editor stuff itself, iirc), so should you want to compile your own DLLs and upkeep your changes, I'd assume you probably can make whatever changes you want to it.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Yeah ... you can just adjust the ATB system's code to your needs.

Also, some things might already be possible (or will be possible with future udpates) - e.g. interrupting another combatant's action when attacking will be possible with the next update (with an update to the Stop Battle Actions node to allow stopping individual combatant actions). Party swap on hotkey should also be possible with control maps using the Change Member action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses :)