Hey!

I have a few questions about setting up Turn based grid battles with specific scenarios. (Archers spawned on wall, shield guys near bridge etc.)

1) How can I specify which specific cell enemy will be spawned on in Grid Battle?
2) Is it possible to place enemies on the map as NPC and use them as combatants in battle, so they spawn on nearest grid cell?
  • 1) Generally, they're placed on deployment cells. If the enemies are spawned by the battle, they'll initially use the battle positions, using the nearest deployment cells to them.

2) Yes, the Place On Grid node allows to do that. It'll place a combatant on the nearest free cell, optionally limiting it to deployment cells. The combatant has to be already spawned for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool!,
    Thank you!

2) What would be the best way to setup a custom Grid Turn Based battle like that?
    For example if I have a scene with a grid and I have five NPC's standing in certain spots and I wanted to start a battle with that specific group of NPC's and they spawn on grid near where they are?

Can I construct a custom combatant selection like that for TB battle ?

• 2) You'd use the Auto Join settings for that (Battle System > Battle Settings for the general settings, or override it in each individual Battle component).
    This lets combatants within a defined range of a battle automatically join it. Placing them on the grid would just be handled in the battle start event, e.g. Place On Grid should place them on a cell near where they're standing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!