edited March 2018 in ORK Support
I have an autostart event in the "main" (i.e. start) menu scene that changes camera positions with pauses between changes.
If menu is called during this event, and "new game" selected, game doesn't start. It freezes in the start scene. Game start event works, but control/camera control became disabled (I mean scripts on player & camera). I had the same syptoms earlier, when I tried to call new came before executing gameover in a "battle end" event. But now I have no idea what causing this problem.

If I wait until event in "main" menu ends, then game starts normally. But I have warnings "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" on NPC interactions & Shops. Looks like ORK need some time to "find" events & shops in game scene, because they are work normally after this (one-time warnings). These warnings reappear every time I enter any scene.

If I start scene using "quick test" GameStarter - no warnings on start. But on entering scenes warnings remain.

I tried to revert to the older revision using git - no freeze bug in new game case there. So looks like it's not connected with the upgrade from 2.14.4 to 2.15.0. But warnings remain in older version.
Post edited by Griever on
  • Did a quick test with a similar setup and worked fine here. Some things you need to check:

1) The event interaction should have Stop On Destroy enabled. This will make sure the camera changes (or whatever you do) stop when changing scenes.

2) The game event you're using should have the following settings disabled in the Event Settings:
    - Blocking Event, otherwise it might interfere with your start event.
    - Block Player Control
    - Block Camera Control
    Actually, all of the block settings - they're not needed in the main menu scene, since the game isn't running at that point, and there's no player or control whatsoever.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2018
    The game event you're using should have the following settings disabled in the Event Settings:
    - Block Player Control
    - Block Camera Control
    Thanks! This helped!

As for warnings, they are connected with old interaction prefabs from ORK1. I thought removing obsolete script references from scene objects is enough, but I realize that breaking a connection with an old prefab is also desirable.
    Post edited by Griever on