So, I managed to figure out my character hovering in the air, but now when I am speaking to an NPC (going step by step in the tutorial) when I hit ok, it kind of makes my character move and sometimes fall through the world...Any way to prevent or fix this?
  • Well, it seems that on the interactable(the npc I speak to) when I have turn player to event checked, it has a high probability of making my character fall through the world, and any time I hit ok on the dialogue to end it, it creates a very unsavory effect of the camera resetting...
  • Are you following the tutorial with your own resources or using the tutorial resources?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My own resources, I guess that is maybe the issue, But not sure why the camera would still do that though
  • There isn't a Rigidbody component attached to your player is there?

I had the exact issues with character falling/camera resetting when I had a Rigidbody with gravity applied. The Rigidbody was attached via a footstep script and gravity would cause me drop through the world when interacting with scene changers or switching to a battle. When using a shop or dialogue, the camera would violently reset after closing the menu.

I switched to a different footstep solution in order to eliminate the issues.
  • Yep that fixed the issue...It seems that we use the exact same models for our characters, so any issues you may have had it seems I will end up running into
  • Great! I'll try to help as I can.
  • I'd recommend going through the game tutorials with the tutorial resources, unless you already did that :)
    They're set up to work with the provided resources, so you don't have to worry about this standard Unity stuff while learning to use ORK.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!