It's just not popping after level up suddenly anymore. Used to work ok on 2.15.x.
  • What's your setup for this (Battle System > Battle End)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Same as in previous version.

Use level up box (Base settings) - ticked

and down in Level Up nofitication:

Show Level Up - ticked

In my Victory Event, the Collect Battle Gains node has:

Show Gains - ticked
    Collect Experience - ticked

This is again an issue that occured with 2.16...
  • Hm, working fine on my end with that setup.
    Can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2018
    Sure, I've sent you the main project asset directly.

Edit: Ok, found the core of the problem. I'm using "Count To Value" for my experience Status Value. As soon as I've disabled it, it started to work fine.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited June 2018
    That should actually work - however, if you somewhere pause the game or change the timescale to 0 (halting everything), count to value will not progress.
    E.g. if you stop time in the battle end event before collecting the battle gains, that'd cause this.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited June 2018
    No, there is nothing like this.The level bar progresses into new level, the "Level up Box" doesn't pop up.

Whenever I untick Count To Value, it starts working, but I lose the fancy Exp Bar filling.

That's definitely a bug :)
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Well, this setup is working on my end. Can you give me more details on your battle end event (victory)?
  • edited July 2018
    If you scroll up in the topic, I gave you details about the node I'm using for collecting experience.
    Can send you whole event if you want.

It's basically same like http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/comment/25437#Comment_25437
    Working on your end, but not on mine. The point is, you're always making new tests with projects. However, once you start working on a game and keep updating ORK, you will never start working from the beginning.
    There might be some cross version hiccups.

EDIT- sent you e-mail with the Event.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Testing stuff with new projects for each problem would actually take way too much time, as that'd require a ton of stuff to be set up each time. I'm testing in ongoing development projects that have been updated with ORK versions since 2.0.0, also to ensure updates don't break stuff :)

Anyway, checked out your event and didn't really see anything out of the ordinary.
    I'll need a Unity test project with a working setup where this happens (i.e. not just the ORK project asset).
  • edited July 2018
    Anything out of ordinary would have caused an issue in previous versions. We're not talking about some core bug.
    gamingislove said: I'll need a Unity test project with a working setup where this happens (i.e. not just the ORK project asset).
    I can't send you a test project from ongoing game. That's first of all too much work to implement and I'm not your Beta Tester.
    Also, don't see any point in that, while unticking 'Count To Value' clearly enables Level Up Box, while ticking it back doesn't.

Guess it's gonna be unfixable bug then, I'll mark it to the Change AI Controlled stuff :)
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Of course you're not my beta tester. However, it's a very specific issue and so far only happening in your unique setup - since ORK is very complex and this could be influenced from potentially anything going on in your battle, a test project would be the only way to figure it out.

Anyway, I'll conduct more tests, maybe I'll encounter the issue.
  • I can provide you with any information you want, that doesn't take hours or days to perform.

I'm using only Active Time Battles...to narrow down the scope a bit.