Hi, I'm still learning the basics of Ork and trying to make an ability system that can use multiple allies to do a combo attack in turn based battles. I imagine to get it going smoothly I'd need targeting to work something like this:

1. Player turn starts - choose to do "combo1" ability (lets assume I've populated this list of available combo abilities based on party members' stats/classes/equipment etc)
2. "Combo1" attack throws an ally at the enemy, so i need to pick one ally in range to throw
3. Next I pick a cell to throw the ally at, and deal damage to combatants in affected cells based on a range template

Is this kind of multi-phased targeting built into Ork - where I'd first pick an ally, then select a cell (or combatant for that matter) for the second part of the ability?

Let me know if you have any insights or can point me in the right direction to figure this one out.

Thanks!
  • Hm, I don't think this is possible - at least not in one ability. You probably could use multiple abilities to do this:
    - one ability to select and pick up an ally (sets the user in some kind of pick-up state, e.g. using status effects)
    - one ability to throw the ally somewhere
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!