edited July 2018 in ORK Support
Gil, the strangest thing is happening to my project. I have two scene, Main Menu and House. If I play the game from the house scene, everything works great. But if I play the scene from the main menu, press new game, and load it into the house scene, everything loads, but the scene is black. Music is playing and everything. If I create a new scene and put that as the new game loading scene, it works. It sounds like something happens to my house scene.

I stripped the scene until only the camera is inside, but it still dark black upon loading it from the main menu scene. I also checked the time scale, and it's 1.
But if I disable the fade off/fade on in the main menu new game setting, then the house scene will work fine after it finish loading. It seems the fade on/fade off is not working for my house scene, but it is working for any other scenes. Do you know what is happening?
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • This sounds like your new game scene change fades to black with full alpha instead of no alpha for the fade in :)
    Check your main menu settings, the screen fade settings for new game should be in there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    I checked, and it seems to be correct :) To see if that was the problem, I created a new scene, and put that scene in the New Game Scene Setting. It works correctly for the new scene. It fades to black when I press the new game, and fade back out to the new scene. The loading hud works correct too. When it fades to black, the hud shows up, and when it fades out, the hud disappears.

One thing I notice is that the loading hud won't disappear after the house scene is done loading.
    When I press new game and the house scene is loaded, even though the scene is black and the loading hud is still showing, I know that I can control the player because in the scene window, I can see it moving. I'm stumped. Even after I deleted every models in there until the camera is the only one left, the problem still occurs. I have no clue what could have caused this.
  • edited July 2018
    Hm, do you get any messages in the Unity console?

Are you using the Unity wrapper functionality to use custom scene loading for your loading screen?
    From your description, it sounds like the scene load doesn't report back correctly and the screen isn't faded in in that one scene ...
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    Nope, I checked and there is no messages in the console.
    Hmm I don't think I used the Unity wrapper functionality. I don't even know how to use that option and where it is located at in ork :D
    I also notice that the same thing happens in Makinom.
  • Hm, strange ... can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com?
  • Weirdest thing happened again :)
    While I was stripping out the project to send it to you, I decided to rename the house scene to a new name, annnnd that solved the problem. I have no clue why renaming my scene did the trick, but I'm glad hahh. If the problem arises again, I'll send you a test demo to see why.
  • That's strange ... possibly something with the previous name interfering with load scene recognition?
  • That's the only explanation I can also think of. But so far so good, nothing strange is happening again. Finger crossed.
  • Does the issue come back when renaming the scene back to its previous name?
    If yes, I'd love to get my hands on a test project with that issue :D
  • It seems we are both out of luck. Even if I rename the scene to it's original name, the bug will not appear again :D
    No clue where it bug went haha.
    Oh yeah Gil, have you tested the rotate to node yet? Did you encounter the bug that I did?
  • edited July 2018
    Yep, should be fixed in todays release of Makinom.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Awesome! Thanks for the fix.