edited December 2018 in ORK Support
So I have a inventory set up that pauses the game. It's resident evil style where you have a small selection of items you can carry, and I want to set it up so that when you click on an item it will close the menu and use it.

For instance, I have a flashbang item. You click on it and nothing happens.
If I click and drag it onto an enemy it seems to play the battle event, but it doesn't actually consume the item or use the ability tied to it...

How would I set it up to where clicking on it in the inventory would automatically use it? None of them require targets, its either AOE or self-use.
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Sorry, that's not the case... I made a healing item and it worked fine, for whatever reason the flashbang just doesn't work.

It's an item that targets enemies with no target (aoe)
    with a range of 60 world units
    and it should apply a status effect to all enemies in that range...

but it doesnt do anything, it doesn't even consume the item
    Miuratale
  • edited December 2018
    Okay, this is solved.

Had to take an extra step versus normal abilitys that the player has.

basically to make my flashbang item work I had to have the item call an ability, that called an event that applied a status effect to "actors : all enemies" and I used that event to subtract a flashbang from the players inventory.

Feels roundabout, but it works.

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Menu screens can only use items on members of the menu user's group (i.e. usually the player group). Using items on enemies isn't possible, as that's for battles, which use the battle menu :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2018
    Ah okay!

Unrelated issue but how do I get rid of notifications and confirmations? I haven't found an option for them. ATM the gui confirmations use is invisible or just not on-screen, so when you click on anything there's no indication that you need to confirm it.
    I was really confused for awhile because it just seemed like none of my menu buttons worked, when they were actually waiting for a confirmation.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Depends on what notifications/confirmations you're talking about :)

E.g. selecting a combatant to use an item on in menu screens can be omitted by enabling Use Screen Combatant in the respective menu part's settings, or set per item/ability in their respective settings.

Notifications that are shown when e.g. getting a new item are set up in Inventory > Inventory Settings in the notification settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2019
    Oh sorry. I meant the "combatant does nothing" it's kind of spamming the bottom of the screen at the moment. I don't need any combat notifications.

As for confirmations, my exit game button is having that problem. And dropping items. I just want it to drop the full stack without confirmation.

The battle.menu for items has worked great. I'll be using her inventory to check items and drop them, rather than use them.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Those can be turned off in the Info Text Settings in Battle System > Battle Texts. There are individual notifications for the different actions, or you can turn them all off.

The exit game confirmation is set up in the Exit Question settings in Menus > Main Menu.
    Dropping item quantity selection is set up in your menu screen. For drag+drop in the Drop Give and World Drop settings, for using a sub menu directly in that button's settings - the Quantity Type set to All will drop all of the selected item.
  • Thank ya much! :)
    Miuratale