I have two questions, so here goes:

I'd like to give players the ability to have a certain character become a tank of sorts. Is it possible to make a character move in front of another and take the damage instead? It's similar to the cover ability in FFV for example.

The second question is whether it's possible to add an extra action after certain abilities only if a combatant has a status effect. So basically if a combatant has a fire enchantment buff, they cast fire right after each attack. I thought about using action combos, but they don't seem to allow for the right conditions.

I hope someone knows of a good way to do this. :)
  • The tank ability is possible - you'd do this in the battle events of the abilities/items that can be blocked in that way. E.g. before doing damage, you'd check if one of the target's group members is tanking (maybe via a status effect applied to the tank) and damage that combatant instead.
    You can use the Select Combatant node to get the tanking combatant(s) (and probably a Selected Data Count node to check if any was selected). Changing the target can either be done through Change Action Targets node or when using the Calculate node through the Use Other Target settings.

The action combos are for something different, e.g. performing 3 normal attacks in a row could replace the 3rd with a stronger attack - it's more like a beat'em'up combo system :)
    You can do this in the battle events, use a Check Status node to check for whatever conditions the target must have to trigger an action. Use a Use Battle Action to let the target perform an action, setting Add Action to Sub Action will perform it as part of the current action, not interfering with the target's own turn.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright, awesome!

It's a bit of a pity every battle event will end up with about 3 checks, but oh well. It's great the system is so flexible.
  • Luckily you can use multiple battle events for animating actions (abilities, items, etc.) - you can just set this up in individual battle events and add them to the abilities/actions you need it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah yes of course, that's a good idea. Thanks!