edited March 2019 in ORK Support
So as far as I understand real-time combat does not have full targeting yet.

However I think a work around to that using my games system that would work well is having directional autoaim, IE she'll only attack enemies in front of her. With AI this is pretty easily done, but with the player?

Could this be done by having her attack ability enter a MoveAI or AI behaviour, something, that only attacks within a specific angle the same way AI do?

Because without lock-on it's very hard to aim attacks. With lock-on she continues to stay locked on intill you are out of range or they are dead, which is hard to deal with when there are many enemies around.
So I'm just trying to brainstorm a good work around where she can lock on situationally based on direction and only for 1 attack, ya know?
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Well GIL implemented this kind of targeting in 2.22 :)

Battle Settings: Group/Individual Targets
    ‘Raycast Targeting’ settings available. Optionally select targets using raycasts each frame, e.g. selecting the target the cursor hovers above. Selecting (and removing) can also depend on a defined timeout, e.g. only selecting a target when hovering above it for 1 second.
  • Ah, thanks! Guess I'll have to update soon
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Also, if you need to do any kind of rotation or movement toward the target, that'd usually be handled in the battle event used to animate the action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!