Hello,

I am having trouble creating the Event for "targetSceneName":

my steps have been:

Create a Game Event
Add a Change Variable Node
I Clicked on " Add game variable "

( This is where I am not sure really )

There's Variable Key and Below String Value

Do I change the Value Type to Game Variable on both Drop downs?

I was thinking that Variable Key was "targetSceneName" and String Value was The Level Name I needed Loaded.

Not sure really :D

Thanks in advance! :)

• The Variable Key setting consists of two settings - the Value Type, which defines where the variable key comes from (e.g. a value you define here or it's stored in another game variable), and the actual value.

E.g.:
    - Value type Value, value Key > the variable key is Key
    - Value type Game Variable, value Variable > the variable key is stored in the string game variable with key Variable

You can learn more in this how-to.

In your case, you need to select value type Value and set value to targetSceneName

Anyway - if you want your battles to take place in a special scene, take a look at this gameplay tutorial.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The Tutorial was great! I am still working on the Variables but the first option in making scene changes work thus far!

Thanks