edited April 2019 in ORK Support
Hoping someone has figured this out already, and is hoping to share some insight.
Asking two questions here.

I am wanting to start a grid battle variable to the players faction.
I was hoping to create an event which will check players faction, if faction = "allies" they can deploy their players/allies on the battle grid, save the cells, and can be recalled later. if faction = "enemies" the previously saved battle grid is recalled with the already deployed units on the map to fight.

Question 1) Is there a way to initiate a "battle start event" from a "game event"?
Question 2) Is there a way to allow a player to deploy units on a battle grid, save that grid, and recall that grid at a later time?

Preferably keeping everything "Local".

If anyone has insight, please let me know. Thanks in advance. <3<3
Post edited by Spyke5544 on
  • You can check the faction using a Check Faction node.
    You can store and load the individual combatant's cell using a Store Combatant Cell node. This stores the combatant's cell coordinate and orientation on the grid - there's no way to store and load the entire grid, though.

1) No, battle start events are only used by battles.

2) As said, you can store the combatant's position on the grid, but not the entire grid.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!