Hello,

So I tried my hand at a custom combatant script but then I think I lose out on a lot of nice features. Really it comes down to this. I have my own custom physics, movement, collision etc. already. Im using the ORK API mainly for damage, abilities, inventory and game saving. But I don't want to make use of its physics updater, rigidbody, pathfinding etc. for my character controller. (Though maybe for my enemy AI?)

As far as I know I have to use a combatant spawner to even spawn the character, which makes it a bit rough to test things. Is it easy to do something like this?
  • There is a disable component node you can use to disable physics component. Also: don't spawner spawns combatant only with components that are part of combatant prefab?
  • I think I already answered your email about this :)

ORK doesn't have a physics updater or requires pathfinding, rigidbodies or anything like that. These are optional things, based on what features you're using, e.g. the built-in player control ur using the move AI with e.g. NavMesh move component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I will give this a try. Thank you for the reply!