How do I change a person's name like this?

• You can use a Set Combatant Name node to change the name of a combatant. If you want the player to be able to input a name, use a Value Input Dialogue node first, where a string variable is used to store the player's input.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited June 2019

Set Combatant Name cannot use the global variable source to receive the string entered in the value input dialog.

Value input dialog box, you can only input English, you can't input Chinese.
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • In the Set Combatant Name node, set Value Type to Game Variable to use a global variable. Also, make sure to use the correct actor (i.e. the combatant that should be changed).

As for the chinese input - the input field uses the standard Unity text field (legacy GUI), as far as I know you need to use a font that includes chinese characters to be able to input chinese.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!