• edited February 2020
    it shows me a list of status values and such when I click on them.
    It lets me continue to attack and it seems like things are working except when i try to change scenes or enter a battle.
    As soon as I use an attack (control map) itll play the event and then that error will start.

Could it be an issue with the battle event?

Also is the bug not recognizing the player as a combatant?

EDIT : For some reason this has to do with auto-animation.
    I'm no longer using auto-animation on my main character, so I'm just going to turn it off.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Hm, strange - the only way I see this error happening is if the combatant doesn't have the component set, I'll add a safeguard for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2020

So I'm having a problem with spawning enemies upon trigger entry.
    I want this to happen for forced encounters, but for whatever reason, once they spawn and enter battle they tend to teleport to a random location and I'm not sure what's causing that.

I set their spawn location to their combatant spawner, and they seem to spawn alright. but as soon as they join the battle they teleport.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Sounds like they're placed on their battle spots?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I remember setting up battle spots a long time ago... gotta look into that
    Miuratale
  • edited February 2020
    Erasing all battle spots didn't work :(

still spawning in the same spot. Only the combatant who initiated the battle will remain in place.

As a test I placed spawn points for the combatant and used spawn groups and it ignored them and spawned everyone (except the initial combatant) in the same spot.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Regardless of battle spots being set up - placing combatants on them is handled by the battle start event, so you'll have to check that :)
  • edited February 2020
    Do you know why some enemies, after dying, stand back up and enter idle?
    It seems totally random, but it happens more often than not.

A lot of times they die in mid-event, which seems to cause a few issues with the death animation event.

I tried to solve this by having damage events check for "At or below 0" HP and play a death animation and remove all their components, but this doesn't seem to work either.
    (Not sure if Death animation has priority over a Damage animation)
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Probably due to their animations telling them to do idle animation - can be prevented via the death battle events by disabling auto animations (if you're using them) and stopping some animations (e.g. idle).
  • edited February 2020

Okay so I'm having some issues with battle spots and battle starts.

I have an idea how I want to handle it, but it's wonky.

Basically I want the players start spot to be the location they entered the battle at. The moment they triggered the encounter.

I'm using combatant spawners with triggers and start spots, the problem is that if I spawn a group it chooses one of those spots to spawn the entire group at.

As you can see in the video, it's very wonky. Spawns 1 combatant, then waits, then spawns the whole group, then teleports the player to the start point.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • You have access to the battle spots via the Waypoint object selection (e.g. instead of Actor), i.e. you can change the player's battle spot location in the battle start event.

Using combatant groups in spawners instead of individual combatants will place the group's leader at the spawn point and spawn the rest around it if Spawn All Members is enabled, otherwise only on battle start.
    If you have specific placements for the combatants, I'd use individual combatants/spawners for them. Also, using Battle components to start your battles allows you to override the battle spots with game objects in the scene :)

Generally, combatants would only be placed/moved to their battle spots on battle start if you do that in your battle start event.
  • edited February 2020
    Thanks, I think I got a good system going now.

I'm having a problem with death animations now.
    They don't play at all. Every time when they die they just freeze in place.
    I've messed with the death event, i have auto animation on, ext.
    It just doesn't do anything.
    Battle animations in Battle Settings calls the event.

I'm totally at a loss. It used to work just fine.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Does your battle event have any wait times? Otherwise, the combatant's game object will pretty much immediately be removed, as the event ends without any time for animations, etc.
  • edited February 2020
    yeah it has a 1 second wait time after the death animation.

I seem to get more reliable results by making it check for 0 HP in the damage event and playing a death animation there. The death event seems to be overridden by any attacks or actions the enemy is in the middle of. Or it does play it, and then right after it finishes it goes back to the action the enemy was doing.

For instance, the zombie-likes only have 1 attack that they spam constantly. Every single time I kill them, instead of doing the death event, they do that attack event 1 last time and freeze in place. On them I can't even tell that the death event ever fired. Happens 100% of the time.

Edit : Going to try using ragdolls again, I found out why mine were spazzing out (hopefully) and ragdolling requires the deletion of the animator, so it would solve all these issues.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Hm, I'm sure you've set that up, but just to make sure - your health status value is set up to cause death on reaching minimum value?

Also, where's your death event set up, in the default battle animations (Battle System > Battle Settings) or using overrides in the combatant's settings?