edited November 2019 in ORK Support
As I wrote on a previous post, I use Select Target Cell in an ability Target Settings. What I want is for ORK to suggest the player only certain cells based on an object's local game variable assigned to an Object Variable component. For example, if the cell is inside the range template AND has a local object variable named (bool) isValid set to true, then I want this cell to be highlighted. If not, then I don't want it to be highlighted, even if it's inside the range template of the ability.

So, I thought I could simply assign an Object Variable Component to my grid cells (in Grid Cell Types/Object Variable Settings), change this variable depending on certain conditions in my code and then, use a Target Requirement in my ability, with Use Object Variable checked.

Sadly, all the cells in range keep getting highlighted independently of the value of their local object variable... :(

Is it because Target Requirements is only working with combatants and not cells? If so, then, is there a way to filter cell selection based on a local object variable?
Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • The Target Requirements are for combatants, not cells - there's currently no way to use object variables on cells to influence the cell target selection.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it. Do you think it could be useful enough to try to implement this capability in a future release?
  • Maybe, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow! That's awesome! I think this could add many possibilities for environment-based ability interactions in grid battles.
  • Thinking of it, do you think it could be better to implement cell object variables requirements in the Range Template instead of in the Ability's target requirement? Right now, Range Templates can only discriminate passable and occupied cells, but I think they could also check for specific object variables on those cells as well.
  • Yeah, that was also what I had in mind - having object variable conditions in the grid shape (template). I'll check it out, might make it into the next update :)
    However, it'd be best to only use it on smaller ranges, as this can get quite heavy on performance if this is done on hundreds of cells.
  • By the way, I just tested the cell object variable requirement you just added in 2.28 BETA and it works wonderfully!
  • Yay again :)