edited November 2019 in ORK Support
Hi,

Still working with phase battles and I want to implement an "Attack of opportunity" concept, much like in Mission Grid Battles tutorial. Looking at the AOOPerformMoveBy Battle event of this tutorial, I saw that the Grid Move Out of Range node has a Use Range: Attack with Use Current Attack checked.

In the description of the Use Current Attack setting, it is said that it will check for the combatant's current Base Attack to determine the range. However, in my game, I use Item abilities to perform attacks, so I guess the current base attack should be changed according to the current equipped weapon each time I equip a new weapon. Should I do that manually in order to use the Grid Move Out of Range node properly? How?

Thanks!
Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • Oh! I think I found it. In the weapon's attack settings, there is an Override Attack check...
  • Yep, using Attack will use the base attack currently registered by the player - so if your weapon overrides the base attack, it'll use the weapon's attack :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!