What exactly is the 'Custom Combatant Event' node, and how does one define/set the event key?
  • Custom combatant events are game events tied to combatants via a key. The default custom events for all combatants can be set up in Battle System > Battle Settings in the Default Events, and each combatant can override, add to or replace them in their Base Settings >Game Event Settings.

The Custom Combatant Event node allows you to start one of these events via the key. E.g. if you have a custom event battleInit set up, which does some status setup for battles or plays an animation (or whatever you need), you can call that event by using the same key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Questions:

-Does, 'Player' trigger an event for all the current party members?

-What are allies? I've never messed with this feature. Is this grouping limited to non-playable combatants participating within the frame of a battle, or can we define some broader context, like all the members of an allied faction appearing in a scene, for instance?
  • Pretty much everywhere you can select/enable player, ally and enemy, it means:
    - Player refers to all members of the player group
    - Ally refers to factions that are allied to the player
    - Enemy refers to factions that are enemies of the player
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So, running all three of those at once should pretty much cover every character in a scene?
  • edited January 2020
    Well ... not directly.

The setup of the custom event allows you to have different events for player, ally and enemy combatants - starting the event via the Custom Combatant Event node will be done for the combatants used in the node (and use the defined event based on who the combatant belongs to).
    Post edited by gamingislove on