edited February 2020 in ORK Support
I am studying hard with the free version of Ork Framework.
I'll buy it in the future,
I have a question about whether this asset can satisfy me.

I want to develop a 2d game(platformer).

So, I purchased Corgi Engine as a platformer solution.

Controls like move, jump, and animation want to use a corgi engine,

Background features such as stats, abilities, and formulars want to use the Ork framework.

Can i use ork and corgi engine together?

Or is there people of using two assets together?

And I wonder if the combat style on the platformer is compatible with Orc framework.
( For example, can a character like Super Mario use real-time combat (non-turnBASED battle) against enemies using Ork Framework abilities, status formulas, attributes, etc.??? )
Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • Sure you can use the together - you might need to write a wrapper component to let ORK enable/disable Corgi's controls (see the custom player/camera controls how-to).

Depending on the combat style, this could work out of the box or might need some work to integrate ORK's damage with Corgi's actions/abilities/whatever they're called. If only using ORK for this, you could start your attacks via control maps and use damage dealers/zones for damage handling (with battle events animating the action, etc.) as it's usually handled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much for your kind reply!

I will do it and I will post again if there are any other questions.