edited February 2020 in ORK Support
Hi,
I'm having an issue with the Battle System/target Settings/Target information dialogue. I want to display it for some combatants type, but I don't want to display it for some other combatant types. In the Target Changes section, I use a GUI Box and I check Use HUD. If I go in my HUD settings, I can have conditions, but that only hide infos. What I want is to not display the Target Info Dialogue at all for some combatant types (so my HUD doesn't get replaced). Right now, it seems the only conditions are if we want to display Target Info dialogue in specific battle types.

Is there an easy workaround for that?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what the Individual Target Settings section underneath Target Info Dialogue section is used for... The help says: "Individual Targets are only available to the combatant who selected them". Ok, but what are the settings for exactly?
Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • Ok, I found a workaround. In an Update() function, I check if ORK.Battle.SelectingCombatant has more than 0 Battle.BattleMenu.TargetHighlight.SelectedTargets. This means that the selecting combatant is in Target Selection. From this point, I handle the display of the info on my own, with my own conditions in code. Then, I can simply deactivate/remove all Target Info Dialogue from the ORK editor and everything works ok.
  • Well, individual target settings aren't right underneath the target info dialogue - they're part of the group/individual target settings. They allow you to select/mark targets that can automatically be used by abilities. Group targets are for all combatants in the same group, individual targets only for the combatant that selected them.
    These settings have nothing to do with the target information/confirmation dialogues :)

You can also check for being in target selection like this:
    if(BattleMenuMode.Target == combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.Mode)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it! Thanks!