edited April 2020 in ORK Support
Hi!
What's the best way to do books and scrolls.
What I mean is: Player sees book or scroll in world, clicks on it (event interaction of course) and a book or scroll gui opens with the text. Player can exit out of it.
Post edited by Corvyn on
  • I would go for custom code for this one. Because then you can use Text Mesh Pro's pagination feature and can have pages scrolling.
    Otherwise you could maybe show ORK log texts in UI?
  • edited April 2020
    With an ORK only solution, you'd go for either regular dialogues (Show Dialogue nodes) or log texts using a log menu.

Otherwise, set up a custom solution - I'm sure there are some nice book-read-assets available on the asset store, integrating them with ORK's event system shouldn't be too hard using the function nodes :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2020
    Why not use Show Image? You would need to create book pages in graphic program and show them to player. Have buttons that change images.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • Thanks JMR, this is exactly the simple but perfect solution I was looking for :)
    Thanks to everyone trying to help too! I love this awesome community here.
  • Actually both the image solution and the using ORK dialogues work perfectly well.